I’m a regular follower of @sugarandspice a.k.a Georgina Poh on Instagram. She posted a recipe of 3-ingredients cookie a while ago and I was finally able to make it during my 12 days break (before my last paper tomorrow, whoop! :D)
|Apple oatmeal truffle!|
Actually, I just came to realize that the only common ingredient we used were apples.
Georgina’s recipe called for:
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of protein powder
Since I ran out of peanut butter, and I don’t take protein powder, mine looked slightly different.
1 apple (Any will do, I used Granny Smith red apple, about palm sized)
1/2 cup of oats
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup crushed almond
Makes about 5-6 balls.
1. Cut apple into cubes, blend them together with oats. Highly advisable to use a food processor instead of regular juice blenders as they don’t blend dry ingredients as well.
2. In a bowl, mix blended apple and oats together with a tbsp of honey and dash of cinnamon powder.
3. If the batter is too wet, blend more oats into oat powder (or you can just leave it as it is for chunkier bits).
4. Roll into balls, and cover them with crushed almonds.
5. Pop them into the oven at 180 degree C for 20 mins.
NOTE: Remember to preheat your oven for 15 mins.
|Crusty on the outside, gooey on the inside. :B|
|Fresh from the oven!|
Those were my pre-workout snack. Don’t underestimate them, they were pretty filling!
|If you used Georgina’s recipe, it will look like this.|
Tell me if you’re gonna give it a try! Any recipes, feel free to share with me 🙂
P/S: I’ve been contemplating for a while now.. Is it advisable for me to take protein powder/shake?
About my heart shaped cookie, I ate it before I got to take a picture with it.