Growing up as the tannest kid in the family, my mom’s always pushing me to incorporate more kiwis into my diet.
“You need the Vitamin C. If not, your skin tone will be super uneven in the future.”
Boy was she right, and what a blessing it was for Zespri Kiwi to send me a huge tub of green and yellow kiwis for my daily consumption — and to put my own spin to a healthy snack!
Made some healthy granola breakfast bowls and some popsicles for dessert because… why not?
- 1 coconut + flesh (around 500ml of coconut water)
- 500ml water
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut blossom sugar
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Sliced Zespri kiwi and berries
- 1 packet agar-agar (I used the brand Swallow)
- Dissolve 1 packet of agar-agar powder in 500ml of water in a pot.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Stir and bring water to boil over low heat.
- Stir in coconut water.
- Add coconut flesh and fruits into the mold.
- Pour agar-agar mixture into mold and allow to cool before putting into the freezer/refrigerator.
*Best put in freezer for better hold and texture.